Our Mission & Method
Hope Church NYC exists to lead an honest, diverse community of people into a transforming relationship with Jesus and with one another.
“…those whose hope is in his unfailing love.” - Psalm 33:18
There are six different ways we hope to function as a vibrant church community.
1) Peer Discipleship Groups - These are groups of 3 people who commit to meeting together 12 times over 8 months while learning from and teaching each other.
2) Home Groups – These small groups of 5-12 people meet in homes and eat, converse about matters of faith, and pray.
3) Missional Communities – These communities serve and reach communities outside of Hope Church NYC.
4) Connecting & Learning Gatherings – These are events and classes where we connect as a community and learn about what it means to live Christian lives.
5) Sunday Gatherings – A place where we come together as an entire community to celebrate life and faith through communion, prayer, music, art, and hearing stories from the Bible. This is also an opportunity for youth and children to connect in a larger setting.
6) Church Planting – We want to be open to living out our community-life in other NYC neighborhoods by planting other churches.